Skip to main content

He Gave Me A Fresh Sheet




Me, the IDOL WORSHIPPER?


I wondered why I was in the queue of accused at all

I am intelligent, aggressive, young, Totally committed to my God.

What am I doing here ?with this sheet of supposed sins in my hand I wondered

I don’t drink, I don't smoke, I don’t fornicate, I don’t steal, I am righteous. Others should be here not me.

It was finally my turn to face the Man.

I placed my sheet before Him, He glanced at it and sighed softly.

He looked at me and calmly said,
‘Guilty of idol worship'

Imagine my anger, my fury, My indignation, I jumped out of the chair and said ‘Of course not! Check the sheet again, check the name, It can't be mine’

He sighed again and mentioned one of my names that no one knows
I would not be stopped. It's impossible’ I yelled. I worship only God, the Most High, Maker of heaven and earth, The king of kings and Lord of Lords.
I bow down to none, I have no talisman, no amulet, No pot underneath my bed.

‘You are guilty of idol worship’ He repeated calmly

He looked at me
I looked at Him
It seemed like forever. The room was silent.

I could hear the clock ticking

Then slowly I understood:

I am never late for my British Airway flights but I am always late to church
-I blinked -

My payments to unfaithful PHCN and water board are never late but I haven’t paid my tithes in three months
-I looked down-,

When meeting one of our local chiefs last week I would not even pick a call in the presence of earthly royalty, but I WhatsApp in church
-I swallowed-.

I wouldn’t interrupt my performance appraisal with my boss for anything but I missed church last week because of a film on TV
-I squirmed uncomfortably-

I wouldn’t let a day end without talking to my spouse but today I just said Hi God, Bye God
And I didn’t even pray last night
-The room began to feel hot-

I would never miss going to the bank because of the weather but I missed fellowship of Wednesday because it looked really cloudy.
-It seems the AC in the room wasn’t working-

I would wear my party colors to party meetings and not care what anyone thought of me but I hate to talk to my workmates about God because of what they will think of me.
-Someone should fix this AC or put it on 0 because 10 was too hot for me-

I always have the latest tech toy you can think of but my bible is so worn I cant even find Jude anymore

-I wished the Man would get a call and leave but He doesn’t allow anything to interrupt when He is with His children.-

I felt so hot in the room, a nervous sweat on my forehead, I felt so ill and weak, all of my anger and self righteousness was gone, leaving immense guilt in its wake.

I slowly got of the chair and knelt by His feet and said

‘I am sorry, I am guilty as charged, Guilty of idol worship, guilty of placing others; humans, toys; before You. I am guilty of idol worship’

He smiled gently, looked at me with those passionate eyes of His full of love and He gave me a fresh sheet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Fountain 2017 - It Is To Your Advantage

Sunday May 21 5th Sunday After Easter Bible Reading:      John 16: 5 - 22 Topic:          It Is To Your Advantage In life we must be ready to endure some level of discomfort in the present, in order to enjoy comfort in the future. The disciples had become comfortable with the presence and involvement of Jesus in their lives, but Jesus announced to them that it was necessary for Him to return to His Father in order that the Holy Ghost might come. If Jesus stayed, He would be only in one place at a time; but His Spirit would be everywhere at the same time. The disciples had to recognize therefore that growth and maturity come with sacrifice which involves willingness to step out of our comfort zone. God knows the best for you. Be sensitive to the leading of His Spirit. Desire progress but don't reject the change that brings it. Yes, you may be in an uncomfortable situation now, but God uses it to work out His purposes fo

God Is Not A Partial God

  God Is Not A Partial God   I want to say something to someone today and that is the title of this message - God is not a partial God. Every day that the Sun rises, it does not rise for certain people that God loves more than others, it rises for all (including even those who don't believe in the existence of God) Every night that the Moon shines, it does not shine for a select group of persons who God loves most, it shines for all irrespective of their religious affiliations including those who have no religion. The 4 seasons happen for all inhabitants of the earth - there is no discrimination. Life happens to all irrespective of our belief system. Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. Evil people prosper as much if not much more than good hearted people - Is that God's doing? You see, whenever you see someone doing something exceptional, something extraordinary it is not about luck, it is not about favour, it's not ev

Prayer For The Week